Thursday 18 January 2018

Writing an informal email
Hi Sophie!,

How are you? I know I haven’t written you for ages, but I have an explanation: this holidays I’ve been away (I went skiing) and I didn’t have network connection so that’s why I couldn’t write you.
It was great to hear that you are coming to Barcelona in two weeks, can’t wait to see you! It’s been a while since we last saw eachother this summer.
You’re are coming to Barcelona with that exchange you told me, right? To improve your Spanish speaking and to visit the city. As you probably know, in Catalonia we talk Catalan but everyone knows Spanish so don’t worry, you’ll be able to talk perfectly in Spanish. But I’ll teach you some easy common expressions in Catalan as ‘Adéu’ or ‘Gràcies’ that mean ‘Goodbye’ and ‘thank you’ (I’ll show you the pronunciation personally when you come here because it’s very difficult to write it in an email) then you’ll be able to talk a bit with local people.
About the local accent you told me, I don’t notice any local accent because I live here but you might notice it.
It’s important to remember, when you come here, some typical gestures we daily do; for example: when we met a new person we kiss that person in each cheek once (I don’t know if you do that in Switzerland). About our local behaviour… here people don’t respect queues too much or the traffic lights, etc.

Anyway, you’ll have a lot of fun here and I hope that you won’t have to do many classes here so then we’ll be able to spend more time together. Text me when you arrive and have a safe flight, see you in two weeks!
Hugs and kisses,


Ariadna.

3 comments:

  1. Ariadna,
    Good job! Your email is great! Very easy to understand, clear ideas and a very good structure. Keep working like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Ariadna.your email is great!!!!!!!
    YEAHHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ariadna,
    I really like what you write, especially the gestures you mention in the email!

    ReplyDelete