Tuesday 1 May 2012

''El Puente''!

Apologies to any of our followers in England, but I just wanted to take some time to update you on a beautiful day in Vilassar de Mar. Today is el Día del Trabajo (Labour Day). It is a public holiday in Spain, meaning no 8am starts at school for me or Brendon. We have already had 3 days of rest thanks to an ingenious invention by the Spanish known as 'el puente', which directly translates as 'the bridge' and simply signifies an extra day off work in between a weekend and a public holiday. It appears that the reasoning behind these bridges is something along the lines of: "If we have Tuesday off, why bother going in for one day on the Monday?" Good enough for me!

This weekend I have played football, visited Barcelona, and spent a night out in Mataro. In the football match on Saturday, Brendon scored his first ever goal on Spanish soil. He celebrated accordingly...

Today is very sunny, so after I finish writing this blog entry I'm going to go and sit on the beach. It's a hard life!! Here are some photos of the view from the terrace at the top of the apartment block I live in.





The next post will be about last week's 'dream project' presentations!

James

No comments:

Post a Comment