Tuesday 28 February 2012

A series of unfortunate events

Last weekend, a family that I know invited me to go skiing. As I´d never been before, I was very excited but also a bit nervous. James had warned me about how difficult it was, so I went expecting to fall over...a lot!

The town of Tredos.
The town I stayed in, near Baqueira, was beautiful. In England, there aren´t any mountains like the Pyrenees, so it was a stunning landscape for me to see. It was also the first time I´d seen snow this year, having been in warm Cabrera for most of the winter.

Then on the Saturday, I went skiing. I struggled into the ski boots and started to practice. After finally getting to grips with the technique, I attempted to ski down a large slope. Predictably, I went flying and landed in a pile of snow. But by the end of the day, I´d improved and wasn´t doing too badly.

Expert skiier. 
Then on Sunday, I wasn´t going skiing again, so decided to visit a nearby town of Vialha. I took the bus there and saw some of the sights. Then when I tried to get the bus back, I encountered a problem - I´d completely forgotten the name of the town where I was staying! So I jumped on the bus and hoped for the best. After about a 30 minute journey I got off the bus, in an area I´d never seen before. There were a lot of French people there, and     I´m not sure whether or not I was still in Spain. There were no buses going back for several hours and I didn´t have my mobile with me, so I started to walk back. After a 3 and a half hour journey, I arrived back in Vialha, exhausted and worried.

I think I´ve taken the wrong bus...
Even though it was an unfortunate day, I still had a great time skiing.

From now on, I´ll make sure I remember where I´m going. But I did get to briefly go to France!

Brendon

No comments:

Post a Comment